Return to Work Notice
Dear Valued Employee,
The City of Philadelphia entered into the “Yellow Phase” of business reopening on June 5th. The PPA will begin to resume partial operations on June 8th, particularly for those who have not been working performing essential duties.
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and the customers that we serve is our top priority. Accordingly, we followed city and state directives in March to shut down our operations in many locations and departments across the agency. We will continue to keep health and safety as top priorities as we reopen our offices.
We recognize that our customers and employees need to feel safe and comfortable when they interact again with all aspects of our operations. Therefore, as restrictions start to lessen, we are taking very important steps to ensure the well-being and safety of everyone.
Please see below the important steps we have taken.
All locations have been professionally cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized before opening. Upon opening, all locations will adhere to regular cleaning and disinfecting schedules, including special emphasis on high-touch areas.
- Employees and visitors will undergo a health-screening before admittance into any PPA facility.
- Masks must be worn by every person admitted to all PPA facilities.
- Every location has the maximum number of people allowed posted, along with proper signage to follow social distancing protocols.
- As we begin to adhere to new safety protocols, we are taking steps to reduce the number of in-person interactions and make many of our services available online.
When the Parking Authority resumes partial business operations starting June 8th, we will have a phased re-entry plan.
- Managers and above will report to their worksites beginning Monday, June 8th.
- Supervisors will report to their worksites beginning Wednesday, June 10th.
- The remaining staff will report to work EITHER Thursday, June 11th, OR Friday, June 12th.
When you report to work during the week of the 8th, you will receive training and orientation on our new protocols and operations. Your manager will contact you regarding your specific schedule shortly.
Beginning the week of June 15th, we will increase our operations with two schedules or shifts returning to all office buildings or worksites. Our team has been planning and making many preparations for all of us to return to work safely. In order to ensure a safe start-up, one half of our staff will report at one time. Reporting will be rotated so everyone will be required to report the same number of hours in each pay period. Guidance from the Health Department will guide us as to when normal schedules will be reinstated. You will receive instructions shortly regarding your shift assignment. Anyone who can work from home will continue to do so on the days they are not required to report to the office.
Much work has been done to prepare for the return to on-location working so that we are able to do so in a safe and efficient manner. Any questions or concerns can be directed to Michell Fortino, starting Monday, June 8th, at 215-683-9683, 215-435-2773, or HRAdmin@philapark.org.
I look forward to reuniting with all employees in a safe and responsible manner, as we continue to deliver exceptional service to the public in all of our operations.
Be safe and well,
Scott Petri, Executive Director