Contractor Parking Permit
A Contractor Parking Permit is only used to perform a contractor service. This program was established to enable licensed contractors to access their vehicles during the workday to retrieve materials and tools.
Contractor vehicles may park in metered and timed parking zones without limit.
Apply for a Contractor Parking Permit
You have an option to mail, fax or email application and documents:
Philadelphia Parking Authority
Attn: Contractor Parking Department
35 N. 8th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Fax: 215-683-9974 – Attention: Contractor Parking Placard | Email: email@example.com
If you have any questions, or to request an application, please call 215-683-9745.
Four requirements must be met in order to obtain a Contractor Parking Permit:
- Vehicles must bear truck/commercial license plates. (a copy of vehicle registration for EACH vehicle is necessary)
- Vehicles cannot have three or more outstanding parking tickets.
- The business must possess all trade, occupation and business privilege licenses as required by the City. (a copy of all licenses is necessary)
- The business must have no unpaid taxes or fees due to the City of Philadelphia.
Contractors with three or more commercial vehicles may enroll in a monthly billing program for tickets that are ineligible for cancellation under contractor parking privileges.
For more details, contact:
The Fleet Coordinator
Philadelphia Parking Authority
P.O. Box 38562
Philadelphia, PA 19104-8562
Terms and Fees
Due to an ordinance change in the Philadelphia Traffic Code, multiple changes to our contractor parking permit program took effect Monday, October 16th, 2023. Before these changes take effect, we highly encourage all contractor permit holders to review the below information. You may also contact our contractor parking permit department at 215-683-9745 should you have any questions or require assistance.
What to Expect:
Effective Monday, October 16th, 2023, virtual contractor parking permits can be purchased or renewed for $150. Additionally, effective Tuesday, April 16th, 2024, renewing or purchasing a contractor permit will cost $300.
After paying the fee, your virtual contractor parking permit will receive 900 hours of credit. Contractor permit holders can use these 900 hours at all parking kiosks throughout the city. Below is a description of how to use your credits at our parking kiosks. A brochure is also available to download for future reference.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Contractor permit holders must abide by all posted parking regulations.
- Contractors should select “I Have A Contractor’s Permit” when starting a parking session. DO NOT select a parking zone when starting a parking session.
- All transactions are valid at all kiosk locations throughout the city, and you may utilize as much time as needed in each transaction.
- If you need to add more time to your parking session, you can do so at any kiosk in the city.
- Your vehicle is subject to ticketing if it has no active parking session at a kiosk location, including locations with both kiosks and residential parking permit regulations.
- If you park at a location with only residential parking permit regulations, you are exempt from the time limits and do not need to use credits from your permit account.
- You cannot stop an active parking session – and unused time will not be refunded.
- Permit holders are encouraged to use discretion when selecting the amount of hours they want to utilize in each transaction.
- If you utilize all 900 hours on your permitted vehicle before the six-month renewal period (April 16th), you may purchase additional time for a discounted rate of $1 per hour.
- When you renew your contractor permit in the next six-month renewal period, your 900 credit hours will be replenished.
- Unused credit hours will not be carried over from a previous six-month period.
- The permit renewal dates will remain April 16th and October 16th of each calendar year.
- Effective Tuesday, April 16th, 2024, renewing or purchasing a contractor permit will cost $300.
- Replacement contractor parking permits are no longer available.
- Contractors will be able to view their transaction history by accessing the following link.