Road Closures and Parking Information for Villanova University Men’s Basketball NCAA Championship Celebration
In celebration of Villanova University’s 2018 NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship, the City of Philadelphia will host a victory parade Thursday, April 5th, starting at 11 a.m. on Market Street and ending with a rally at Dilworth Park.
To facilitate parade festivities while ensuring the safety of parade participants and general public, multiple road closures and parking restrictions will be in effect within the parade’s vincity.
The Philadelphia Parking Authority and City of Philadelphia strongly encourage motorists to avoid the event area by using alternate routes, and allow for extra driving time in areas near the event. Road closures and parking restrictions that will be in effect during the parade festivities are provided below.
Parade elements will assemble on 2000-2900 Market Street beginning at 9:30 a.m.. The parade will commence at 11:00 a.m.. The parade will start at 20th & Market Streets and proceed eastbound on Market Street to 15th Street, southbound on 15th Street to South Penn Square, eastbound on South Penn Square, terminating on South Penn Square west of Broad Street. The rally portion of the event will commence at 11:45 a.m., and the event is scheduled to conclude at 12:30 pm..
The following streets will be closed starting at 9:30 a.m. until approximately 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5th:
- 2000-2900 Market Street
- Cross traffic will not be permitted during this timeframe
The following streets will be closed starting at 10:00 a.m. until approximately 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5th:
- 1600-1900 Market Street
- 16th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 17th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 18th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 19th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 20th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
The following streets will be closed starting at 10:00 a.m. until approximately 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5th:
- 1500 Market Street
- 15th Street from Race Street to Chestnut Street
- S. Penn Square from 15th Street to Broad Street
All affected streets will be serviced and reopened as the parade progresses. Additional closures and lane restrictions may be necessary in the interest of public safety. Motorists are advised to use caution and obey instructions of the Philadelphia Police Department.
The following streets will be posted as “Temporary No Parking” zones from 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5th:
- 1400 JFK Blvd. (South Side)
- 1500-1600 JFK Blvd. (Both Sides)
- 1700 JFK Blvd. (Both Sides)
- 1500-2900 Market Street (Both Sides)
- 15th Street from Chestnut Street to Arch Street (Both Sides)
- S. Penn Square from 15th Street to Broad Street (South Side)
Please keep in mind that vehicles parked on the above streets between 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 5th, will be subject to ticketing and relocation.
For additional information on mass transit and public safety, please click here.
PHOTO CREDIT: PHL Office of Special Events